Due to COVID-19, all workshops and meetings will take place on Zoom until it is safe to meet in person.
Summer College Essay Workshops are for rising seniors who want to reduce stress by getting a head start on their college applications. This workshop and included course materials will teach you how to tackle the essay for the Common App/Coalition App. We will cover the following:
Please register for one of two options:
- What is the purpose of this essay?
- How do I know what story I should tell?
- How do I get started?
- How can I know when an essay "works?"
- Small-Group Workshop only. Cost: $295
- Small-Group Workshop Plus Private Coaching. This option is for students who would benefit from the basic workshop plus individual assistance. Students will receive a review of the first and second drafts (via Google docs), followed by a private 1-hour session after each draft review. For most students, this package yields a completed personal statement or a solid working draft. Cost: $475
Comments from Myong's clients:
"I am so grateful to have been able to work with Myong on my college essays! She helped me develop my ideas into essays that I felt proud of and provided constant support and encouragement along the way."
"Under Myong’s guidance I noticed major improvements with my writing style and ability to convey ideas. She made the process less stressful and not only helped me with my essays, but with managing everything else that was due."
(All times are Pacific Standard Time):
July 7, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
July 11, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
July 20, 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
July 25, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
August 3, 9:00 AM - Noon